API extension plugins add new functionality to Elasticsearch by adding new APIs or features, usually to do with search or mapping.
The core API extension plugins are:
- Delete by Query
- The delete by query plugin adds support for deleting all of the documents (from one or more indices) which match the specified query. It is a replacement for the problematic delete-by-query functionality which has been removed from Elasticsearch core.
A number of plugins have been contributed by our community:
- carrot2 Plugin: Results clustering with carrot2 (by Dawid Weiss)
- Elasticsearch Trigram Accelerated Regular Expression Filter: (by Wikimedia Foundation/Nik Everett)
- Elasticsearch Image Plugin: Uses Lire (Lucene Image Retrieval) to allow users to index images and search for similar images (by Kevin Wang)
- Elasticsearch Experimental Highlighter: (by Wikimedia Foundation/Nik Everett)
- Entity Resolution Plugin: Uses Duke for duplication detection (by Yann Barraud)
- SQL language Plugin: Allows Elasticsearch to be queried with SQL (by nlpcn)
- Elasticsearch Taste Plugin: Mahout Taste-based Collaborative Filtering implementation (by CodeLibs Project)
- Elasticsearch Flavor Plugin using Mahout Collaboration filtering (by hadashiA)
- WebSocket Change Feed Plugin (by ForgeRock/Chris Clifton)
These community plugins appear to have been abandoned: