Use a Painless script in an update by query operation to add, modify, or delete fields within each of a set of documents collected as the result of query.
- User-defined parameters passed in as part of the query.
- The name of the operation.
- The value used to select a shard for document storage.
- The name of the index.
- The type of document within an index.
- The unique document id.
- The current version of the document.
Contains extracted JSON in a
Liststructure for the fields existing in a stored document.
Use the default of
indexto update a document. Set to
noneto specify no operation or
deleteto delete the current document from the index.
Modify the values in the
Map/Liststructure to add, modify, or delete the fields of a document.
- No expected return value.
The standard Painless API is available.