elasticsearch Rubygem provides a
low-level client for communicating with an Elasticsearch cluster, fully compatible with
other official clients.
- Pluggable logging and tracing
- Pluggable connection selection strategies (round-robin, random, custom)
- Pluggable transport implementation, customizable and extendable
- Pluggable serializer implementation
- Request retries and dead connections handling
- Node reloading (based on cluster state) on errors or on demand
- Modular API implementation
- 100% REST API coverage
Transport and APIedit
elasticsearch gem combines three separate Rubygems:
elasticsearch-transportprovides an HTTP Ruby client for connecting to the Elasticsearch cluster,
elasticsearch-apiprovides a Ruby API for the Elasticsearch RESTful API.
elasticsearch-xpackprovides a Ruby API for the Elasticsearch RESTful API for X-Pack endpoints. Notice that the API endpoints living in
elasticsearch-xpackwill be moved into
elasticsearch-apiin version 8.0.0 and forward. You should be able to keep using
7.xversions. We’re running the same tests in
elasticsearch-xpack, but if you encounter any problems, please let us know in this issue.
Please consult their respective documentation for configuration options and technical details.
Notably, the documentation and comprehensive examples for all the API methods are contained in the source, and available online at Rubydoc.
Keep in mind, that for optimal performance, you should use an HTTP library which supports persistent ("keep-alive") HTTP connections.