IMPORTANT: Version 7.4 of the Elastic Stack has passed its maintenance date.
This documentation is no longer being updated. For the latest information, see the current release documentation.
This list summarizes the most important enhancements in APM. For the complete list, go to APM release highlights.
APM app in Kibana
- Contextual filters: Explore your APM data in new ways with our new local filters. With just a click, you can filter your transactions by type, result, host name, and/or agent name.
- Geo-location performance visualization chart: Visualize performance information about your end users' experience based on their geo-location.
- Log integration: Navigate from a distributed trace to any relevant logs — without using trace context — via the APM app.
- RUM Angular instrumentation: Out of the box Angular instrumentation is here! Instrument your single page applications written in Angular.js without the need to manually create or rename transactions.
- JAVA ECS Logging library: Easily convert your logs to ECS-compatible JSON without creating an additional pipeline.
- .NET agent full framework support: Out of the box instrumentation for the .NET framework. Say goodbye to APIs, your ASP.NET web applications are now plug and play ready with Elastic APM.