You can use a variety of official plugins that are compatible with your version of Elasticsearch. When you upgrade to a new Elasticsearch version, these plugins are simply upgraded with the rest of your cluster.
Some restrictions apply when adding plugins. To learn more, check Restrictions for Elasticsearch and Kibana plugins.
Only Gold, Platinum, Enterprise and Private subscriptions, running version 2.4.6 or later, have access to uploading custom plugins. All subscription levels, including Standard, can upload scripts and dictionaries.
To add a plugin:
- Log in to the Elasticsearch Service Console.
Find your deployment on the home page in the Elasticsearch Service card and click the gear icon to access it directly. Or, select Elasticsearch Service to go to the deployments page to view all of your deployments.
On the deployments page you can narrow your deployments by name, ID, or choose from several other filters. To customize your view, use a combination of filters, or change the format from a grid to a list.
- From your Deployments menu, go to the Edit page.
- Select Manage user settings and extensions.
- Select the Extensions tab.
- Select the plugins that you want.
- Select Back.
- Select Save. The cluster is then updated with new nodes that have the plugin installed.
Different versions of Elasticsearch support different plugins.