With your Elasticsearch Add-On for Heroku subscription, you get access to support from the creators of Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, Logstash, and much more. We’re here to help!
How do I open a support case?edit
All roads lead to the Elastic Support Portal, where you can access to all your cases, subscriptions, and licenses.
As an Elasticsearch Add-On for Heroku customer, you will receive an email with instructions how to log in to the Support Portal, where you can track both current and archived cases. If you are a new customer who just signed up for Elasticsearch Add-On for Heroku, it can take a few hours for your Support Portal access to be set up. If you have questions, reach out to us at email@example.com.
With the release of the new Support Portal, even if you have an existing account, you might be prompted to update your password.
There are three ways you can get to the portal:
- Go directly to the Support Portal: http://support.elastic.co
- From the Elasticsearch Add-On for Heroku Console: Go to the Help page or click the support icon, that looks like a life preserver, in the upper right of any page in the console.
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you contact us by email, please use the email address that you registered with, so that we can help you more quickly. If you are using a distribution list as your registered email, you can also register a second email address with us. Just open a case to let us know the name and email address you would like to be added.
When opening a case, there are a few things you can do to get help faster:
- Include the deployment ID that you want help with, especially if you have several deployments. The deployment ID can be found on the overview page for your cluster in the Elasticsearch Add-On for Heroku console.
- Describe the problem. Include any relevant details, including error messages you encountered, dates and times when the problem occurred, or anything else you think might be helpful.
- Upload any pertinent files.
What level of support can I expect?edit
Support is governed by the Elasticsearch Add-On for Heroku Standard Terms of Service. The level of support you can expect to receive depends on your subscription level:
- Elasticsearch Add-On for Heroku Standard subscriptions
- Support is provided by email or through the Elastic Support Portal. The main focus of support is to ensure your Elasticsearch Add-On for Heroku deployment shows a green status and is available. There is no guaranteed initial or ongoing response time, but we do strive to engage on every issue within three business days. We do not offer weekend coverage, so we respond Monday through Friday only. To learn more, see Working with Elastic Support Elasticsearch Add-On for Heroku Standard.
- Elasticsearch Add-On for Heroku Gold and Platinum subscriptions
- Support is handled by email or through the Elastic Support Portal. Provides guaranteed response times for support issues, better support coverage hours, and support contacts at Elastic. Also includes support for how-to and development questions. The exact support coverage depends on whether you are a Gold or Platinum customer. To learn more, see Elasticsearch Add-On for Heroku Premium Support Services Policy.
If you are on an Elasticsearch Add-On for Heroku Standard subscription and you are interested in moving to Gold or Platinum support, please contact us. We also recommend that you read our best practices guide for getting the most out of your support experience: https://www.elastic.co/support/welcome.
Join the community forumsedit
As a healthy open source project, Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana have vibrant and helpful communities. You have our assurance of high-quality support and single source of truth as an Elasticsearch Add-On for Heroku customer, but our open source community can also be a useful resource for you.
As of May 1, 2017, support for Elasticsearch Add-On for Heroku Standard customers has moved from the Discuss forum to our link: Elastic Support Portal. You should receive login instructions by email. We will also monitor the forum and help you get into the Support Portal, in case you’re unsure where to go.
If you have any technical questions that are not for our Support team, hop on our Elastic community forums and get answers from the experts in the community, including people from Elastic.