Enterprise Search is built on top of Elasticsearch to deliver a rich, pre-tuned search experience. Enterprise Search includes:
- App Search - provide your applications with a rich, out-out-the-box search capability.
- Workplace Search - unify all the content platforms across your organization into a personalized search experience.
To set up Enterprise Search:
While you can enable Enterprise Search using the General purpose (previously known as Elastic Stack), Observability, or Security deployment templates, these configurations are not precisely tuned for the Enterprise Search use case. For production workloads, use the Enterprise Search deployment template for maximum performance and stability.
- First, create a new deployment with the Enterprise Search solution. This is available starting in Elastic Stack version 7.7.
- When the deployment has spun up, make a note of the user account and password, and store it in a safe place. You can use this account and password to connect to Enterprise Search through its dedicated UI.
- Launch Enterprise Search directly from the main deployment page, or select Enterprise Search under the Deployments menu to find more options. From the Enterprise Search pane you can force a restart, terminate, or delete the Enterprise Search instance.
When the Enterprise Search window opens, enter the
elasticuser and password for this deployment to login, and then select to use either App Search or Workplace Search.
You can configure Enterprise Search to use a SAML identity provider for cross-domain, single sign-on authentication. To learn how, check Secure your clusters with SAML.
- Follow the UI instructions in the selected product to complete your setup.
Now that your Enterprise Search instance is set up, learn more about it by following the Enterprise Search Reference Getting Started documentation.