It is time to say goodbye: This version of Elastic Cloud Enterprise has reached end-of-life (EOL) and is no longer supported.
The documentation for this version is no longer being maintained. If you are running this version, we strongly advise you to upgrade. For the latest information, see the current release documentation.
You might need to delete runners for several reasons:
- To remove some resources from your Elastic Cloud Enterprise installation if they are no longer required.
- To remove a faulty runner from the Cloud UI so that it is no longer part of your Elastic Cloud Enterprise installation.
Deleting a runner only removes the runner from your installation, it does not remove the Elastic Cloud Enterprise software from the runner. After the runner has been deleted, you can repurpose or troubleshoot the host on which the runner was located.
To delete runners:
- Log into the Cloud UI.
- Click Platform and then select an installation.
- Go to Runners and select a runner.
- On the Update roles tab, remove all assigned roles.
- On the Info tab, click Demote runner.
Remove all running containers from the host, starting from the container with name
frc-runners-runner. Then remove the storage directory (the default
/mnt/data/elastic/). You can use the recommended cleanup command.
On the Info tab, click Delete runner and confirm.
Refresh the page if the button isn’t active.