WARNING: Version 6.2 of Winlogbeat has passed its EOL date.
This documentation is no longer being maintained and may be removed. If you are running this version, we strongly advise you to upgrade. For the latest information, see the current release documentation.
Before modifying configuration settings, make sure you’ve completed the configuration steps in the Getting Started. This section describes some common use cases for changing configuration options.
To configure Winlogbeat, you edit the configuration file. You’ll find the configuration file,
winlogbeat.yml, in the archive that you extracted. There’s also a full example configuration file at
/etc/winlogbeat/winlogbeat.reference.yml that shows all non-deprecated options.
The following topics describe how to configure Winlogbeat:
- Set up Winlogbeat
- Specify general settings
- Configure the internal queue
- Configure the output
- Specify SSL settings
- Filter and Enhance the exported data
- Parse data by using ingest node
- Set up project paths
- Set up the Kibana endpoint
- Load the Kibana dashboards
- Load the Elasticsearch index template
- Configure logging
- Use environment variables in the configuration
- YAML tips and gotchas