statsd module is a Metricbeat module which spawns a UDP server and listens for metrics in StatsD compatible
The module supports the following types of metrics:
- Counter (c)
- Measurement which accumulates over period of time until flushed (value set to 0).
- Gauge (g)
- Measurement which can increase, decrease or be set to a value.
- Timer (ms)
- Time measurement (in milliseconds) of an event.
- Histogram (h)
- Time measurement, alias for timer.
- Set (s)
- Measurement which counts unique occurrences until flushed (value set to 0).
Module-specific configuration notesedit
statsd module has these additional config options:
- It defines how long a metric will be reported after it was last recorded. Irrespective of the given ttl, metrics will be reported at least once. A ttl of zero means metrics will never expire.
- It defines how metrics will mapped from the original metric label to the event json. Here’s an example configuration:
statsd.mappings: - metric: 'ti_failures' value: field: task_failures - metric: '<job_name>_start' labels: - attr: job_name field: job_name value: field: started
Intro to Kibana
ELK for Logs & Metrics