WARNING: Version 6.0 of Metricbeat has passed its EOL date.
This documentation is no longer being maintained and may be removed. If you are running this version, we strongly advise you to upgrade. For the latest information, see the current release documentation.
Before modifying configuration settings, make sure you’ve completed the configuration steps in the Getting Started. This section describes some common use cases for changing configuration options.
To configure Metricbeat, you edit the configuration file. For rpm and deb,
you’ll find the configuration file at
There’s also a full example configuration file at
/etc/metricbeat/metricbeat.reference.yml that shows all non-deprecated
options. For mac and win, look in the archive that you extracted.
The following topics describe how to configure Metricbeat:
- Specify which modules to run
- Specify general settings
- Load external configuration files
- Configure the internal queue
- Configure the output
- Specify SSL settings
- Filter and enhance the exported data
- Parse logs by using ingest node
- Set up project paths
- Set up the Kibana endpoint
- Load the Kibana dashboards
- Load the Elasticsearch index template
- Set up logging
- Use environment variables in the configuration
- YAML tips and gotchas
- Regular expression support