NOTE: You are looking at documentation for an older release. For the latest information, see the current release documentation.
To get started with your own Filebeat setup, install and configure these related products:
- Elasticsearch for storing and indexing the data.
- Kibana for the UI.
- Logstash (optional) for parsing and enhancing the data.
See Getting started with the Elastic Stack for more information about installing these products.
After installing the Elastic Stack, read the following topics to learn how to install, configure, and run Filebeat:
- Step 1: Install Filebeat
- Step 2: Configure Filebeat
- Step 3: Configure Filebeat to use Logstash
- Step 4: Load the index template in Elasticsearch
- Step 5: Set up the Kibana dashboards
- Step 6: Start Filebeat
- Step 7: View the sample Kibana dashboards
- Quick start: modules for common log formats
- Repositories for APT and YUM