WARNING: Version 6.2 of Filebeat has passed its EOL date.
This documentation is no longer being maintained and may be removed. If you are running this version, we strongly advise you to upgrade. For the latest information, see the current release documentation.
To get started with your own Filebeat setup, install and configure these related products:
- Elasticsearch for storage and indexing the data.
- Kibana for the UI.
- Logstash (optional) for inserting data into Elasticsearch.
See Getting Started with Beats and the Elastic Stack for more information.
After installing the Elastic Stack, read the following topics to learn how to install, configure, and run Filebeat:
- Step 1: Install Filebeat
- Step 2: Configure Filebeat
- Step 3: Configure Filebeat to use Logstash
- Step 4: Load the index template in Elasticsearch
- Step 5: Set up the Kibana dashboards
- Step 6: Start Filebeat
- Step 7: View the sample Kibana dashboards
- Quick start for common log formats
- Repositories for APT and YUM