WARNING: Version 5.5 of Filebeat has passed its EOL date.
This documentation is no longer being maintained and may be removed. If you are running this version, we strongly advise you to upgrade. For the latest information, see the current release documentation.
decode_json_fields processor decodes fields containing JSON strings and
replaces the strings with valid JSON objects.
processors: - decode_json_fields: fields: ["field1", "field2", ...] process_array: false max_depth: 1 target: "" overwrite_keys: false
decode_json_fields processor has the following configuration settings:
- The fields containing JSON strings to decode.
- (Optional) A boolean that specifies whether to process arrays. The default is false.
- (Optional) The maximum parsing depth. The default is 1.
- (Optional) The field under which the decoded JSON will be written. By
default the decoded JSON object replaces the string field from which it was
read. To merge the decoded JSON fields into the root of the event, specify
targetwith an empty string (
target: ""). Note that the
target:) is treated as if the field was not set at all.
- (Optional) A boolean that specifies whether keys that already exist in the event are overwritten by keys from the decoded JSON object. The default value is false.