WARNING: Version 5.0 of Filebeat has passed its EOL date.
This documentation is no longer being maintained and may be removed. If you are running this version, we strongly advise you to upgrade. For the latest information, see the current release documentation.
Before modifying configuration settings, make sure you’ve completed the configuration steps in the Getting Started.
The Filebeat configuration file,
filebeat.yml, uses YAML for its syntax.
The configuration options are described in the following sections. After changing
configuration settings, you need to restart Filebeat to pick up the changes.
- Filebeat Prospectors Configuration
- Filebeat Global Configuration
- General Configuration
- Processors Configuration
- Elasticsearch Output Configuration
- Logstash Output Configuration
- Kafka Output Configuration
- Redis Output Configuration
- File Output Configuration
- Console Output Configuration
- SSL Configuration
- Paths Configuration
- Logging Configuration