Before modifying configuration settings, make sure you’ve completed the configuration steps in the Getting Started. This section describes some common use cases for changing configuration options.
To configure Auditbeat, you edit the configuration file. For rpm and deb,
you’ll find the configuration file at
There’s also a full example configuration file at
/etc/auditbeat/auditbeat.reference.yml that shows all non-deprecated
options. For mac and win, look in the archive that you extracted.
The following topics describe how to configure Auditbeat:
- Specify which modules to run
- Specify general settings
- Reload the configuration dynamically
- Configure the internal queue
- Configure the output
- Specify SSL settings
- Filter and enhance the exported data
- Parse data by using ingest node
- Set up project paths
- Set up the Kibana endpoint
- Load the Kibana dashboards
- Load the Elasticsearch index template
- Configure logging
- Use environment variables in the configuration
- YAML tips and gotchas
- Regular expression support
After changing configuration settings, you need to restart Auditbeat to pick up the changes.