What is Elasticsearch?
Elasticsearch is a distributed, RESTful search and analytics engine capable of addressing a growing number of use cases. As the heart of the free and open ELK or Elastic Stack, it securely stores your data for lightning fast search, fine‑tuned relevancy, and powerful analytics that scale with ease.
This session is perfect for users that are new to Elasticsearch or users that want to see new capabilities in action. We’ll cover getting started, which includes deploying, managing, and analyzing data in Elasticsearch.
- Following along the demo by launching a free trial on Elasticsearch Service
- Adding, updating, and managing data through both CRUD REST APIs and UI
- Configuring fields on the fly with basic text analysis including tokenization and filtering
- Basic search queries
- Aggregations: The faceting and analytics workhorse of Elasticsearch
- Querying geo-spatial data
- Fun with analyzers