Natural language processing (NLP) helps computers gain a deeper understanding of human language by adding context and structure. With NLP, your search solution can return better results because it can better interpret what you’re asking it to find (searches for "big data lake" shouldn't return Lake Tahoe). This instructor-led course will teach you how to integrate and use NLP in your search applications. After exploring part-of-speech (POS) tagging, named entity recognition (NER), and the OpenNLP ingest pipeline, you will learn how to design and configure your applications to support those features and build better search in your own use case. After completing this course, you will be able to use NLP to improve the relevancy of your search engine.
- Overview of NLP
- OpenNLP ingest
- Enhanced search
This course is a module of the Data Science specialization. Find out how our focused Training Specializations can help you with your use case.
Data Scientists, Data Architects, Data Engineers, Software Developers
- We recommend taking the following foundational courses (or having equivalent knowledge):
- Knowledge of Python recommended
- Knowledge of NLP recommended
- Stable internet connection
- Mac, Linux, or Windows
- Latest version of Chrome or Firefox (other browsers not supported)
- Disable any ad blockers and restart your browser before class