WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO PERIODICALLY REVIEW THIS PAGE FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION ON OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES.
Use and Purpose of Collected Personal Data
The term "Personal Data" means information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person that is, someone who can be directly or indirectly identified. This will include your full name, physical address, email address, telephone number, or any other personal information that, alone or in combination with other information, enables contact with you physically or online.
- carry out the sales, sales solicitation, shipment of products, complete orders, and provide other services performed by us or third parties;
- carry out identity verification and authentication in order to provide services to you;
- provide products and services that you have purchased;
- respond to your inquiries or complaints;
- advertise or promote products and services offered through the Site;
- develop new products and services;
- contact you regarding our products and services or your use of the Site;
- carry out marketing data surveys, statistics and/or analysis;
- create, send and utilize mailing lists;
- provide system maintenance or handle system malfunctions; and/or
- other separately and explicitly prescribed purposes.
We may also collect information and data you choose to provide that is not Personal Data, such as your occupation, affiliated companies, and general location. Additionally, we may collect technical information relating to your mobile phone, mobile device or computer and the way you interact with the Site, such as your IP address, browser type, and aggregate user data. This information is used to identify your internet browser, store your user preferences, authenticate user sessions, provide services, and determine whether you have installed the software necessary to access certain material or applications on the Site.
- to help facilitate the Site (for example, by providing website development, or sending communications to users), but for use solely in connection with facilitating the Site;
- in connection with a legitimate business purpose of Elasticsearch, if the third party owes us a duty of confidentiality;
- to (i) comply with lawful requests such as subpoenas or court orders, (ii) comply with applicable state, federal, or local law, (iii) prevent fraud or other illegal activities from being perpetrated through the Site, or (iv) protect the property, safety, or legal rights of Elasticsearch and its users;
- to any third party whom you have consented to receive your Personal Data; and/or
- to affiliated companies or business successors of Elasticsearch.
Elastic uses third party payment processors to process payments made to us. In connection with the processing of such payments, we do not retain any personally identifiable information or any financial information such as credit card numbers. Rather, all such information is provided directly to our third party processors. These third party processors currently include Wirecard, Chase Paymentech, and Recurly, and their privacy policies may be viewed at
- Wirecard: http://www.wirecard.com/privacy-protection/;
- Chase Paymentech: http://www.chasepaymentech.com/privacypolicy/;
- Recurly: https://recurly.com/security and https://recurly.com/legal/privacy.
Third Parties Who May Collect Information
The following third parties may collect information through the Site, but, except as set forth above, such information shall not include Personal Data unless you post or publish such Personal Data in areas of the Site accessible to other users or the public:
- third parties that help facilitate the Site may, from time to time, collect information through the Site in the course of providing support;
- we may share Site information with partners for marketing purposes;
- third parties may collect other information that you voluntarily post or publish through the Site in any way; and/or
- web-crawlers such as Google or Yahoo may collect information through the Site.
Elasticsearch uses secure server technology because we want your Personal Data to be safe. Elasticsearch will use commercially reasonable measures to safeguard Personal Data stored in our servers and databases against loss, theft, and unauthorized disclosure or use. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect, and Elasticsearch is under no obligation to use such security measures. Furthermore, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you choose to share information. We are therefore not responsible for circumvention of any security measures by third parties or of any unauthorized access or use of your Personal Data made by third parties. Any disclosures that you make of your own volition to the Site or anyone else are made at your own risk.
If you ask us to delete your Personal Data from our records, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to do so while retaining any record necessary to comply with a governmental authority or applicable federal, state, or local law. Even after removal, however, copies of your Personal Data may remain viewable in cached or archived pages or if other users have copied or stored such information. If you would like to contact us about the Personal Data you have submitted, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use session ID and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate the Site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following the directions provided in your Internet browser's "help" file.
We set a persistent cookie to store your preferences so that each time you visit the Site you do not have to set your search preferences more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Site.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the State of California and would like to learn how your "personal information" (as defined in the Shine the Light Law, Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83) is shared with third-parties, what categories of personal information we have shared with third-parties in the preceding year, as well as the names and addresses of those third-parties, please e-mail us at: email@example.com; call us at: (650) 458 2620 or send us mail to:
800 West El Camino Real, Suite 350
Mountain View, CA 94040
Further, if you are a resident of the State of California and would like to opt-out from the disclosure of your personal information to any third-party for marketing purposes, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org; call us at: (650) 458 2620; or send us mail to:
800 West El Camino Real, Suite 350
Mountain View, CA 94040
Please be advised that where California State residents opt-out from permitting their personal information to be shared, such individuals may still receive selected offers directly from us, in accordance with applicable law.
Retention, Removal, Amending and/or Modifying Your Personal Data
We will keep any Personal Data that you provide to us until such time as you delete your account on the Site.
In addition, at your request, we will: (i) inform you of what personal information we have on file for you; (ii) amend or modify the personal information that we have on file for you; and/or (iii) remove personal information that you have provided to us, or that we have collected. You may do so by contacting us via e-mail at email@example.com; provided, however, that we ask individuals to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, amended or removed before processing such requests, and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes). Please be advised that, after you delete your personal information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems. In addition, we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Elasticsearch registrants may opt-out of receiving further electronic communications from Elasticsearch at any time by following the "unsubscribe" instructions in any Elasticsearch e-mail received by registrant or by visiting http://info.elastic.co/UnsubscribePage.html. Please note that unsubscribing from one email list does not automatically unsubscribe you from any other email list that you may be on. Please read the email carefully to find out which list you are unsubscribing from. To unsubscribe from all Elasticsearch e-mail lists, please Click Here. To opt-out of having your information shared with third parties, please Click Here.
Safe Harbor Framework Adherence
In accordance with our commitment to protect personal privacy, Elasticsearch adheres to the principles of the Safe Harbor Framework as developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce in consultation with the European Commission. The seven principles and fifteen Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) referred to in this policy constitute Safe Harbor privacy framework. These principles and FAQs may be found at: http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
Sale, Merger, Consolidation and/or Change in Control
In its sole discretion, Elasticsearch may transfer, sell or assign your Personal Data collected on and through the Site to one or more third parties, as a result of the sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation of Elasticsearch and/or its affiliated online properties; provided, however, that if we are involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of our assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices that you may have regarding your personal information.