Not for editing
Use and Purpose of Collected Personal Data
The term "Personal Data" means information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, that is, someone who can be directly or indirectly identified. This will include your full name, geographic region, personal or work email address or both, personal or work telephone number or both, or any other personal information that, alone or in combination with other information, enables contact with you physically or online.
We may also collect other Personal Data that you knowingly and voluntarily provide to Elasticsearch, by means of:
- registering on the Websites for any of our services, such as training, consulting, seminars, mailing lists, news updates or other promotional material;
- downloading/purchasing the products we offer, such as the search engine Elasticsearch;
- submitting requests for information, suggestions, or other communications to us;
- interacting with Elasticsearch or other users on the Websites in any way that submits, releases or displays your Personal Data to us or other users.
This information may include your occupation, your job title, your work location, your intended use of our products and services, your affiliated companies, and your general location. Additionally, we may also collect technical information relating to your mobile phone, mobile device or computer and the way you interact with the Websites, such as your IP address, and browser type.
Elasticsearch's primary purposes in gathering and processing this information are to provide you with services and products and to facilitate your use of the Websites by identifying your internet browser, storing your user preferences, authenticating user sessions, and determining whether you have installed the software necessary to access certain material or applications on the Websites.
Specifically, we may use your Personal Data to:
- provide the services that you have registered for;
- provide the products that you have downloaded/purchased;
- respond to your inquiries or complaints;
- carry out sales (for example, users with a history of previous use of our products or services may be prioritized in our sales queue);
- advertise or promote products offered through our Websites;
- develop new products or services based on customer feedback, level of interest and usage;
- contact you regarding our services, products, or your use of our Websites;
- create, send and utilize mailing lists;
- provide system maintenance or handle system malfunctions;
- to administrate our blog; and/or
- to comply with legal obligations.
Information relating to your use of our products and services may be aggregated (for example, your previous use of our products or services, your suggestions, or your interest in particular products or services) so as to determine the levels of overall user interest in particular products and services we provide and prioritize the development and promotion of products and services with a high level of interest.
Elasticsearch uses third parties for certain processing, such as hosting and management of our Websites. As far as these third parties have access to Personal Data in order to execute these processings, Elasticsearch has taken the required organizational and contractual measures to ensure that your Personal Data is exclusively processed for the purposes mentioned above.
We have agreements with these Business Partners that will limit the purposes for which your Personal Data can be used and that require your Personal Data to be adequately safeguarded. We will not sell your Personal Data to third parties for their own purposes.
Only if Elasticsearch is required to do so by law, your Personal Data will be provided to supervisory agencies, fiscal authorities and investigative agencies.
Elasticsearch supports secure online shopping using secure server technology because we want your shopping experience to be safe. Elasticsearch will use commercially reasonable measures to safeguard Personal Data stored in our servers and databases against loss, theft, and unauthorized disclosure or use. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect, and Elasticsearch is under no obligation to use such security measures. Furthermore, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you choose to share information. We are therefore not responsible for circumvention of any security measures by third parties or of any unauthorized access or use of your Personal Data made by third parties. Any disclosures that you make of your own volition to our Websites or anyone else are made at your own risk.
You can request access to your Personal Data in our records at any time. If you ask us to delete or correct your Personal Data from our records, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to do so while retaining any record necessary to comply with a governmental authority or applicable federal, state, or local law. Even after removal, however, copies of your Personal Data may remain viewable in cached or archived pages or if other users have copied or stored such information. If you would like to contact us about the Personal Data you have submitted and have these corrected or removed, please contact us at: email@example.com
- Elasticsearch does not retain a cookie longer than necessary. We use session cookies and permanent cookies.
- A session cookie can track usage such as the webpages you visit and what options you use. When you close the internet browser, the session is ended and the cookie is deleted.
- A permanent cookie enables the Websites to recognize you at a subsequent visit.
- Elasticsearch stores cookies that are essential in providing the functionalities of the Websites. For instance, the cookies enable you to place items in your shopping cart and review the contents of your shopping cart.
- The following is a summary of how Elasticsearch uses non-strictly necessary cookies.
|Name||Category||Target||Retention Period||Extra Information|
|Marketo||Visitor||Visitor / Marketing Profile||360 Days||
The Marketo cookie is a marketing automation tool that allows the scoring of users based on their activity (including repeat visits, number of pages visited, and requesting information) to determine how sales ready users are. Marketo does not access or retain any Personal Consumer Information.
All information gathered on users is held in secured global cloud servers.
You can find more information on Marketo here.
|Twitter widget||Social Media||Social Media Account||Varies – Unknown||
The Twitter widget identifies users based on social media accounts, whether such users are logged in or not. It requires user activated behavior to send messages, but may also collect advertising information on the social media account for future advertising, for example, to tailor content for users, such as suggestions for people to follow on Twitter. Tailored content is stored with only your browser cookie ID and is separated from other widget data such as page-visit information.
You can find more information on Twitter here.
|Advertising Services||Advertising||Pay-Per-Click / Retargeting / Banner Ads / Stop Cookies||Varies – 30 Days to 90 Days||All add services, such as Google Adwords, Banner Ads and Retargeting Ads use stateful cookies to target advertising. All such services employed by Elasticsearch will comply with geographic regulations.|
Our Websites include order forms that you fill out to request information, products, and services. These forms collect your financial information, such as your banking details or credit card information. Elasticsearch will use any financial information that you submit solely for billing and payment purposes in connection with a specific transaction unless you grant permission for further use. Financial data is held in systems specially protected to securely store Personal Consumer Information.