Elastic APM agents can automatically capture and send logs directly to APM Server—enabling you to easily ingest log events without needing a separate log shipper like Filebeat.
The Elastic APM agent for your programming language.
- Simple to set up as it only relies on the APM agent
- No modification of the application required
- No need to deploy Filebeat
- No need to store log files in the file system.
- Experimental feature
- Limited APM agent support
- Not resilient to outages: Log messages can be dropped when buffered in the agent or in APM Server
Supported APM agents/languages
See the Java agent documentation to get started.
Intro to Kibana
ELK for Logs & Metrics