Continuing with the Logging improvements made in the past couple of releases, log messages have been expanded to more accurately display information about plugins. These changes allow users to better identify log messages with plugins or pipelines. #11078, #11593, #11567
plugin.nameto all log entries.
pipeline.idto docker images.
The improvements available in Logstash 7.7 give users more control over event ordering for single worker pipelines.
Historically, Logstash event ordering between an input plugin and output plugin were preserved when a single worker executed a pipeline. This behaviour was never officially documented, but it was a feature that many users relied upon.
pipeline.ordered setting allows three modes:
auto (default)- to automatically enable ordering if there’s only one pipeline worker.
true- enforces ordering while preventing logstash from starting if there are multiple workers.
false- ordering will not be guaranteed.
sudointo the rpm import of GPG-KEY #11684
- Fixed: Use lightweight regex matching (which does not depend on frames) #11653
- Fixed: Issue where monitoring API does not properly resolve ids including environment variable expansion #11592
- Fixed: Change Javadoc to conform to updated requirements for JDK13 #11642
- Feature: Added support for placing matches into a target namespace #156
Feature: Added parser_options to allow for more control of the parsing process.
Includes the option of
strictparsing to force the XML parser to fail early when parsing invalid XML. #68
Fixed: Now honors
max_batch_sizesetting - previously this was ignored #52
Changed: The default number of threads is now
16instead of `4`to match the default number from the Azure-Sdk EventProcessorHost #54
- Refactor: scope and review global java_imports #57
- [DOC] Changed documentation to update the default number of threads #55
- [DOC] Added clarification for threads parameter #50
- Feature: Added option to specify proxy for Elasticsearch #114