[preview] This functionality is in technical preview and may be changed or removed in a future release. Elastic will apply best effort to fix any issues, but features in technical preview are not subject to the support SLA of official GA features. Manage data views, formerly known as Kibana index patterns.
Do not write documents directly to the
.kibana index. When you write directly
.kibana index, the data becomes corrupted and permanently breaks future Kibana versions.
Use the data views APIs for managing data views instead of lower-level saved objects API.
The following data views APIs are available:
- Get all data views API to retrieve a list of data views
- Get data view API to retrieve a single data view
- Create data view API to create data view
- Update data view API to partially updated data view
- Delete data view API to delete a data view
Default data views
- Get default data view API to retrieve a default data view
- Set default data view API to set a default data view
Update data view field to change field metadata, such as
- Update data view field to change field metadata, such as
- Get runtime field API to retrieve a runtime field
- Create runtime field API to create a runtime field
- Upsert runtime field API to create or update a runtime field
- Update runtime field API to partially update an existing runtime field
- Delete runtime field API to delete a runtime field
Intro to Kibana
ELK for Logs & Metrics