The 7.11.2 release includes the following security update, known issue, and bug fixes. For information on the breaking changes, refer to Breaking changes in 7.11.
When you use the following background API calls, Kibana extends your session and fails to log you out:
- POST /api/ui_metric/report
- POST /api/index_management/indices/reload
- POST /api/index_lifecycle_management/policies?withIndices=true
- GET /api/remote_clusters
- GET /api/saved_objects_tagging/tags
To avoid extending the session, use the
kbn-system-request header, which indicates that the API call is not a user request.
When upgrading from 7.11.0 or 7.11.1 to 7.11.2, certain connectors, including those that connect to Jira, ServiceNow, and IBM Resilient, are not properly migrated during the upgrade process, causing them to be deleted.
- Kibana Alerts and Actions that have been configured to use the affected connectors will no longer create these actions.
- Security detection rules that have been configured to use the affected connectors as part of their rule actions will no longer create these actions.
- Security Case workflow users will need to recreate external connectors before cases can be pushed or updated via the affected connectors.
- Open cases that were previously connected to third-party systems via the affected connectors will need to be re-connected after the connector(s) are recreated.
If you use these affected connectors, it is recommended to consider delaying the upgrade to 7.11.2, and instead upgrade to 7.12.0 once it is released.
For simplistic email servers, set
- For simplistic email servers, set
- Fixes an issue preventing metric-document only services from displaying in the Services overview list #92378
- Removes custom plot plugins when Canvas is unmounted #90722
- Elastic Security
- For the Elastic Security 7.11.2 bug fixes, refer to Elastic Security Solution Release Notes.
- Lens and visualizations
- Machine Learning
ignoreLookbackbehavior for Snapshot API #91169