A newer version is available. For the latest information, see the current release documentation.
[preview] This functionality is in technical preview and may be changed or removed in a future release. Elastic will apply best effort to fix any issues, but features in technical preview are not subject to the support SLA of official GA features. Manage Kibana index patterns.
Do not write documents directly to the
.kibana index. When you write directly
.kibana index, the data becomes corrupted and permanently breaks future Kibana versions.
Use the index patterns API for managing Kibana index patterns instead of lower-level saved objects API.
The following index patterns APIs are available:
- Get index pattern API to retrieve a single Kibana index pattern
- Create index pattern API to create Kibana index pattern
- Update index pattern API to partially updated Kibana index pattern
- Delete index pattern API to delete Kibana index pattern
Default index pattern
- Get default index pattern API to retrieve a default index pattern
- Set default index pattern API to set a default index pattern
Update index pattern field to change field metadata, such as
- Update index pattern field to change field metadata, such as
- Get runtime field API to retrieve a runtime field
- Create runtime field API to create a runtime field
- Upsert runtime field API to create or update a runtime field
- Update runtime field API to partially update an existing runtime field
- Delete runtime field API to delete a runtime field
Intro to Kibana
ELK for Logs & Metrics