8.13.0 release notesedit

Upgrading to Enterprise Search 8.13.0? See Upgrading and migrating.

New featuresedit

Incremental sync availability

  • All connectors can now write to any Elasticsearch index, without needing to search- prefix the index. This also makes it easy to attach connectors to existing indices.

    • One exception is that we still require search- as a prefix for indices created by the Elastic crawler for now.
    • Following this change, we replaced the "Only show search- optimized indices" toggle in the Indices tab with a "Only show crawler indices".
  • The connector service tries to apply settings and mappings if the connector is created programmatically using the Elasticsearch Connector APIs. When working with an existing index, previously only mappings were applied, but we’ve updated to apply settings as well.
  • The Connectors CLI can now authorize with Elasticsearch API keys by running ./bin/connectors login --method apikey.
  • The CLI command ./bin/connectors index list now lists all open indices, and not just those with the search-* prefix.
  • We added the name argument to the Connectors CLI to allow you to specify a name for the connector when creating it.
  • service.max_file_download_size can now be set in your connectors config.yml file to limit the size of files the connectors will attempt to download. This config is only used for connectors that don’t use the self-hosted Data Extraction Service.

Bug fixesedit

  • We have improved the output structure of documents created by access control syncs for document level security. These docs are now appropriately structured to create role descriptors. The structure for accessing identity and permissions has not changed. For details, refer to the this pull request. This can help reduce storage requirements by up to 50%.
  • Fixed an issue where removing trained models could result in warning messages like the following:

    #! The default [remove_binary] value of 'false' is deprecated and will be set to 'true' in a future release. Set [remove_binary] explicitly to 'true' or 'false'...