Upgrading to Enterprise Search 7.16.0? See Upgrading & migrating.
- Promotes Enterprise Search in Kibana from beta to generally available (GA).
- Integrates Metricbeat into Enterprise Search. Use Metricbeat to capture and access monitoring data generated by the solution.
- Integrates Elastic APM agent into Enterprise Search. Use APM to profile, monitor, and troubleshoot Enterprise Search deployments.
- Adds support for additional security realms: OpenID Connect, LDAP, Active Directory, PKI.
Updates the Enterprise Search Health and Stats API endpoints to return a unique
cluster_uuidvalue for each deployment (matching the
cluster_uuidof the underlying Elasticsearch cluster).
Updates the Enterprise Search Stats API to include the number of processed asynchronous jobs (
- Applies minor memory usage improvements to most API operations.
- Adds curations powered by adaptive relevance (beta). Enable this feature to receive suggestions from App Search that improve your curations based on analysis of query and click data.
- Adds adaptive relevance suggestions information to responses from curations API operations.
- Introduces an App Search extension for Google Firebase.
- Adds an API operation to list web crawler domains (with pagination).
last_crawled_atfield to documents generated by the web crawler.
- Adds the web crawler as an integration within Kibana.
- Paginates the crawl request and process crawl API operations. (The web crawler API is still in beta.)
- Fixes an issue where the crawler was using incorrect units for HTTP timeout configuration.
- Fixes an issue related to meta engine and boosts that could cause the engine overview UI to become inaccessible.
- Ends a crawl early when the engine is deleted during a crawl.
- App Search users with dev and editor roles do not have access to the web crawler.
- An information disclosure via GET request server-side request forgery vulnerability was discovered with the Workplace Search Github Enterprise Server (GHES) integration. Using this vulnerability, a malicious Workplace Search admin could use the GHES integration to view hosts that might not be publicly accessible. All versions of the GHES integration prior to 7.16.0 are affected by this flaw. If you are using the GHES integration for Workplace Search, you must upgrade to 7.16.0 to obtain the fix. CVE-2021-37940
- Adds document-level permissions for GitHub content sources.
- Adds issue and PR comments to GitHub content sources.
Adds cases to Salesforce content sources. The
Caseobject contains and allows searching of the following nested objects:
- Adds a "sync" button within the Kibana UI to manually synchronize a content source.
- Updates Jira Cloud content sources to use OAuth 2.0.
Adds configuration setting
workplace_search.content_source.sync.enabledto allow enabling and disabling synchronization for all Workplace Search content sources.
- Adds connectors as integrations within Kibana.
For security reasons, disallows having a configured Base URL host of
localhostfor the following content sources: Confluence Cloud, Confluence Server, Jira Cloud, Jira Server, Github Enterprise Server. Also disallows following redirects to any host other than the configured Base URL host.
- Displays a different configuration within Kibana for Oauth1 and Oauth2 connections.
- Fixes an issue where string fields were rendered as dates in the search experience.
- Fixes a random rare error that happens when restarting enterprise search application with synchronization jobs pending execution.
- Fixes a race condition where occasionally documents would be missed from indexing.