Upgrading to Enterprise Search 8.11.0? See Upgrading and migrating.
Read this blog post for more information about upgrading your internal knowledge search (AKA workplace search), to make it an amazing experience for your users!
Since 8.10.0, self-managed connector clients do not require the Enterprise Search service. If you’re upgrading from 8.9.x or earlier to 8.10.0+, refer to these migration instructions.
We have added a number of new self-managed connector clients to our connector offering:
We have also expanded our native connector catalog available on Elastic Cloud:
The following connectors are now generally available (GA):
We added document-level security (DLS) support for the following connectors:
We added advanced sync rules for the following connectors:
The local Extraction Service is now available for more self-managed connector clients with file support:
The Elastic Learned Sparse EncodeR is now generally available (GA) using the out-of-the-box ingest pipeline for our web crawler and connectors. Use this model for semantic search without training or fine-tuning.
ELSER v2 is released in 8.11.0 and has two versions:
- Portable Version. Runs on any hardware.
- Optimized Version. Optimized for x86 family of architectures.
- Use this interactive Python notebook in our Search Labs repository to upgrade an existing index to use ELSER v2.
- Learn how to deploy ELSER using the search indices UI in Kibana.
- Fixed a bug introduced in 8.10.0 where native connectors were missing configuration fields required for document-level security (DLS).
- Enabling DLS for the OneDrive connector will cause a significant performance degradation, because the API calls to the data source required for this functionality are rate limited. This impacts the speed at which your content can be retrieved.