provides integration with Ruby domain objects ("models"), commonly found e.g. in Ruby on Rails applications.
It uses the
elasticsearch Rubygem as the client communicating with the Elasticsearch cluster.
- ActiveModel integration with adapters for ActiveRecord and Mongoid
- Enumerable-based wrapper for search results
- ActiveRecord::Relation-based wrapper for returning search results as records
Convenience model methods such as
- Support for Kaminari and WillPaginate pagination
- Extension implemented via proxy object to shield model namespace from collisions
- Convenience methods for (re)creating the index, setting up mappings, indexing documents, …
Add the library to your Gemfile:
Include the extension module in your model class:
class Article < ActiveRecord::Base include Elasticsearch::Model end
Import some data and perform a search:
Article.import response = Article.search 'fox dog' response.took # => 3
It is possible to either return results as model instances, or decorated documents from Elasticsearch,
results methods, respectively:
response.records.first # Article Load (0.4ms) SELECT "articles".* FROM "articles" WHERE ... => #<Article id: 3, title: "Foo " ...> response.results.first._score # => 0.02250402 response.results.first._source.title # => "Quick brown fox"
Please see the full documentation for more information.