You can subscribe to Elasticsearch Service directly from the Azure Marketplace. You then have the convenience of viewing your Elasticsearch Service subscription as part of your Azure bill, and you do not have to supply any additional credit card information to Elastic.
Some differences exist when when you subscribe to Elasticsearch Service through the Azure Marketplace:
- There is no trial period. Billing starts when you subscribe to Elasticsearch Service.
- Previous Elasticsearch Service accounts cannot be converted to use the Azure Marketplace. If you already have an account, you must use a different email address when you sign up for a subscription through the Azure Marketplace.
- Pricing for an Elasticsearch Service subscription through the Azure Marketplace differs from our direct billing model and follows the pricing outlined on the Elasticsearch Service pricing calculator. Pricing is based on the Azure region, the RAM size of your cluster in GB, and the level of high availability, billed per hour, as well as some other parameters such as data transfer out, data transfer internode, snapshot storage and snapshot APIs. For more details, see Billing Dimensions.
- Billing details for your Elasticsearch Service subscription can be found by checking your account usage.
When you subcribe to Elasticsearch Service through Azure Marketplace billing you cannot use an email that already has an Elastic Cloud account. If you also want to use the same account email with Azure Marketplace billing, you must first change the primary email on your existing account before setting up your new Azure Marketplace account as shown in these steps.
To subscribe to Elasticsearch Service through the Azure Marketplace:
- Log in to your Azure account, if you aren’t already.
Go to the Elasticsearch Service on Elastic Cloud page in the Azure Marketplace.
- Review the information and the pricing.
- Click the GET IT NOW button.
Select the plan you want to subscribe to.
- Click the Set up + subscribe button.
Provide a name for your subscription.
- If you have multiple billing subscriptions configured select the one you want your Elasticsearch Service usage to be charged to.
- Click Subscribe.
- Wait for the subscription to be provisioned. This is indicated by the background of the text Configure account now changing from gray to blue.
On the Elasticsearch Service welcome page, it is important that all fields are filled out.
Click Sign up
Consider using a group email if you plan to share the administration of the Elastic account with others.
You cannot use an email that already has an Elastic Cloud account.
If you previously created an account but unsubscribed and try to activate a new subscription, the signup page is not loaded and you are redirected to the login page. Use the email for the previously created account to log in.
If you want to change the email address associated with an existing account, contact our support team.
- Check your mailbox and click on the button in the email. If you haven’t received the email within a few minutes, check your spam folder.
- When prompted, set the password for your account and keep it somewhere safe.
You are ready to create your first deployment.
Your new account is automatically subscribed to the Platinum subscription level. You can <<ec-select-subscription-level,change your subscription level> if you want something else.