Azure Marketplace billing is a convenient way to subscribe to Elasticsearch Service if you already use Microsoft Azure. With Azure Marketplace billing, you can add an Elasticsearch Service subscription right to your Azure bill and do not have to supply any additional credit card information to Elastic.
Some differences exist when using Azure Marketplace billing:
- There is no trial offered with Azure Marketplace billing. Billing starts when you subscribe to Elasticsearch Service.
- Previous Elasticsearch Service accounts cannot be converted to Azure Marketplace billing. If you already have an account, you must use a different email address when you sign up for a subscription through the Azure Marketplace.
- Pricing for an Elasticsearch Service subscription through the Azure Marketplace differs from our direct billing model and follows the pricing outlined on the Elasticsearch Service pricing calculator. Pricing is based on the Azure region, the RAM size of your cluster in GB, and the level of high availability, billed per hour, as well as some other parameters such as data transfer out, data transfer internode, and so on.
- Billing details for your Elasticsearch Service subscription can be found by checking your account activity.
To subscribe to Elasticsearch Service through Azure Marketplace billing:
- Go to the Elasticsearch Service on Elastic Cloud page in the Azure Marketplace.
- Log in to your Azure account, if you aren’t already.
- Click the Set up + subscribe button.
- Provide a name for your subscription, and click Subscribe.
- Wait for the subscription to be provisioned, and then click on Configure SaaS account on publisher’s site.
- Provide your details on the Elasticsearch Service welcome page and click Sign up.
- Check your mailbox and click on the button in the email. If you haven’t received the email within a few minutes, check your spam folder.
- When prompted, set the password for your account and keep it somewhere safe.
You are ready to create your first deployment.
Your new account is automatically subscribed to the Elastic Cloud Standard subscription level. You can upgrade to Gold or Platinum if you need premium features or support.