Learn about security considerations and security-related tasks you should be aware of when deploying Elastic Cloud Enterprise:
- Security Considerations - Covers information about current limitations, access control, encryption, and possible attack vectors.
- Generate Roles Tokens - For automation purposes, generate a new ephemeral or persistent token with the right role permissions, so that you can install ECE on hosts and add the right roles at the same time.
- Revoke Roles Tokens - Roles tokens enable additional hosts to join an ECE installation. If a token is no longer needed, it should be revoked to improve security.
- Manage Security Certificates - Provide your own certificates for ECE to avoid a security warning when connecting to the Cloud UI or when using the API over HTTPS.
- Restrict IP Traffic - Create rule sets of allowed IP addresses to block unwanted traffic from your Elastic Cloud Enterprise installation and deployments.
Retrieve User Passwords - Retrieve the credentials for the administration console users
Reset User Passwords - Reset the passwords for the
readonlyadministration console users that you use to log into the Cloud UI.