Elastic Cloud Enterprise supports a wide range of configurations. With such flexibility comes great freedom, but also the first rule of deployment planning: Your deployment needs to be matched to the workloads that you plan to run on your Elasticsearch clusters and Kibana instances. Use the following recommendations when planning an ECE production environment:
- Choose the Right Host Machines - Learn more about hardware recommendations.
- Installation Topology - Get an overview of production environments.
- Fault Tolerance (High Availability) - Learn how to survive hardware and software failures.
- Separation of Roles - Group components on ECE to prevent conflicting workloads.
- Load Balancers - Provide your own load balancer in front of your proxies.
- Wildcard DNS Record - Not planning to use our ip.es.io service? Set up a wildcard DNS record.
- Need More Capacity? - Scale to whatever capacity you need by adding more resources.
- Security Considerations - Plan your instllation around security considerations.
- Prerequisites - Learn about the hardware and software requirements for installing ECE.
Setting up a production system? Take a look at the examples in our Playbook for Production. The playbook provides sample installation commands that are tailored to different deployment sizes and high availability.