Care and feeding of your clusters is important. Take a look at the things you can do to keep your clusters running smoothly:
- Change your cluster configuration to provide additional resources, for example. For many changes, your cluster can continue to handle search and indexing workloads without interruption.
- Stop routing requests or pause nodes to perform corrective actions that might otherwise be difficult to complete.
- Stop a cluster to downscale the resources assigned to it and to enable other operations, such as deleting the cluster.
- Restart a cluster that has become unresponsive, for example.
- Delete a cluster if you no longer need it.
- Work with snapshots to recover from a failure or to recover from accidental deletion.
- Keep your clusters healthy by monitoring key performance metrics.
- Secure your clusters to prevent unauthorized access and to preserve the integrity of your data with message authentication and SSL/TLS encryption.