An error event contains at least
information about the original
exception that occurred
or about a
log created when the exception occurred.
For simplicity, errors are represented by a unique ID.
An Error contains:
Both the captured
exceptionand the captured
logof an error can contain a
stack trace, which is helpful for debugging.
culpritof an error indicates where it originated.
An error might relate to the transaction during which it happened,
Data about the environment in which the event is recorded:
- Service - environment, framework, language, etc.
- Host - architecture, hostname, IP, etc.
- Process - args, PID, PPID, etc.
- URL - full, domain, port, query, etc.
- User - (if supplied) email, ID, username, etc.
Most agents limit keyword fields (e.g.
error.id) to 1024 characters,
non-keyword fields (e.g.
error.exception.message) to 10,000 characters.
Errors are stored in error indices.