The Agent also supports distributed tracing for all outgoing requests. This enables you to analyze performance throughout your microservice architecture — all in one view.
- Page load metrics
- Load time of Static Assets (JS, CSS, images, fonts, etc.)
- API requests (XMLHttpRequest and Fetch)
- Single page application navigations
- User interactions (click events that trigger network activity)
- User-centric metrics (Long tasks, FCP, LCP, FID, etc.)
- Page information (URLs visited and referrer)
- Network connection information
- Distributed tracing
- Breakdown metrics
APM Agents work in conjunction with the APM Server, Elasticsearch, and Kibana. The APM Overview provides details on how these components work together, and provides a matrix outlining Agent and Server compatibility.