You are looking at preliminary documentation for a future release. Not what you want? See the current release documentation.
Potentially breaking changesedit
transaction_ignore_urlsnow relies on full request URL path - #2146
On a typical application server like Tomcat, deploying an
app.warapplication to the non-ROOT context makes it accessible with
Ignoring the whole webapp through
/app/*was not possible until now.
Existing configuration may need to be updated to include the deployment context, thus for example
/static/*.jsused to exclude known static files in all applications might be changed to
- It only impacts prefix patterns due to the additional context path in pattern.
It does not impact deployment within the
ROOTcontext like Spring-boot which do not have such context path prefix.
- On a typical application server like Tomcat, deploying an
transaciton.breakdown.countare no longer recorded - #2194
Automatic hostname discovery mechanism had changed, so the resulted
host.hostnamein events reported by the agent may be different. This was done in order to improve the integration with host metrics in the APM UI.
- Disable compression when sending data to a local APM Server
- Fix k8s metadata discovery for containerd-cri envs - #2126
Fixing/reducing startup delays related to
- Fix runtime attach when bytebuddy is in application classpath - #2116
- Fix failed integration between agent traces and host metrics coming from Beats/Elastic-Agent due to incorrect hostname discovery - #2205
- Loading the agent from an isolated class loader - #2109
Refactorings in the
apm-agent-plugin-sdkthat may imply breaking changes for beta users of the external plugin mechanism
WeakConcurrent.buildMap()and contains more builders - #2136
GlobalThreadLocalhas been removed in favor of
DetachedThreadLocal. To make it global, use
@AssignTo.*annotations have been removed. Use the
@Advice.AssignReturned.*annotations that come with the latest version of Byte Buddy. If your plugin uses the old annotations, it will be skipped. #2171
Switching last instrumentations (
trace_methods, sparkjava, JDK
HttpServerand Struts 2) to
Replace concurrency plugin maps to
SpanConcurrentHashMapones - #2173
- Align User-Agent HTTP header with other APM agents - #2177