- This release bundles a new version of JRuby - [1.7.23], which fixes a memory leak issue reported on Windows when using the file input ([#3754]).
- File Input: Properly release file handles for older files which allows users to delete them ([#31]).
- Clean up resource usage when Logstash is restarted with File input. Previously, this would cause Logstash to grab on to duplicate file handles ([#77]).
- Fixed Logstash fails to start if the parent directory contains a space ([#4283]).
- Allow Logstash to be launched from a symlink ([#4291]).Elasticsearch - Added option to set `_parent` in order to properly handle parent-child relationships ([#297]).
- Fixed a defect which caused Logstash to exhaust file handles when sniffing was used in http protocol ([#306]).