Logstash Lines: Update for December 19, 2017
Hello Logstashers! We're glad to present you all the past couple week's news in convenient digest form! This past week has been mostly about fixes. We have some big picture things we're working on, but nothing in enough shape to share yet.
- 6.1.0/6.1.1 regression: JSON with empty keys can cause LS to crashWe already have a fix merged in. It didn't make 6.1.1, we are now targeting 6.1.2 for this fix.
- We found a bug in the Beats input (thanks PH/Rob Bavey!) that caused it to leak file descriptors / TCP connections when under back pressure. This is fixed in LS 6.1.1 . Users of older Logstashes can upgrade the beats input plugin.
- Fixed a bug where LS could crash due to bad interrupt code in grokThe Logstash grok filter uses thread interrupts. We found a bug where in some cases we might not properly clear interrupts between invocations, causing subsequent code that throws interrupted exceptions to trigger in places where it might not be caught. This is fixed in 6.1.1 . Users of older Logstashes may upgrade their grok filter to the latest version.
- Fixed stability / threadsafety problem in the UDP inputThe UDP input shared a codec among threads. Codecs are intentionally not threadsafe, and are supposed to be thread local. The fix in this case was to use separate codec instances for each UDP input worker thread. This has been patched and included in 6.1.1
- One of our error messages for the ES output always showed the ES version as null, this fixes that.