Sales Engineer – Germany
Location: Anywhere, Germany
Department: Sales Engineering
Elastic is the world's leading software provider for making structured and unstructured data usable in real time for search, logging, security and analytics use cases. Founded in 2012 by the people behind the Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats open source projects, Elastic's global community has more than 50,000 members across 45 countries, and since its initial release, Elastic's products have achieved more than 50 million cumulative downloads. Today thousands of organizations like Cisco, eBay, Dell, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, HP, Microsoft, Netflix, NY Times, Uber, Verizon, Yelp, and Wikipedia use the Elastic Stack, X-Pack, and Elastic Cloud to power mission critical systems that drive new revenue opportunities and massive cost savings. Elastic is backed by $104 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, and NEA; has headquarters in Amsterdam and Mountain View, California; and has over 300 employees in 27 countries around the world.
We are growing our stellar Sales Engineering team with more engineers who will be responsible for knocking down the technical barriers to the adoption of the Elasticsearch product. This will include being the technical liaison for the sales team focused on presenting Elasticsearch’s product and technology to help solve customer’s critical business issues. The ideal candidates must be hands-on and have prior experience as software engineers.
You will have the opportunity to work with a tremendous engineering and sales team and wear many hats. This is a critical role as Sales Engineers have an amazing chance to make an immediate impact to the success of Elastic.
- Supporting the technical needs of customers and resolving technical issues, along with engaging them on any additional issues problems or opportunities regarding the Elasticsearch product
- Have a deep understanding of the Elasticsearch product and technology and work closely with Engineering and Sales to resolve critical technical issues
- Engaging with the Elasticsearch Sales team with sales prospects in preparing and presenting the Elasticsearch product and technology while addressing any technical questions or concerns that come up during the sales cycle
- Traveling to clients and potential clients being the key technical interface with customers
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Software Engineer
- 2+ Years as a Sales Engineer
- Understanding of Open Source Technology and knowledge and proficient in at least one programming language
- Knowledge and deep understanding of distributed systems architectures
- Great presentation skills with the ability to speak in front of audiences both large and small
- Knowledge of Information Retrieval and/or Analytics domain
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time
- Understanding of Linux, Java and databases
- Extremely competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 27 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.