Senior Product Manager (Security / Alerting / Management)
Department: Product Management
Elastic is the world's leading software provider for making structured and unstructured data usable in real time for search, logging, security and analytics use cases. Founded in 2012 by the people behind the Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats open source projects, Elastic's global community has more than 50,000 members across 45 countries, and since its initial release, Elastic's products have achieved more than 50 million cumulative downloads. Today thousands of organizations like Cisco, eBay, Dell, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, HP, Microsoft, Netflix, NY Times, Uber, Verizon, Yelp, and Wikipedia use the Elastic Stack, X-Pack, and Elastic Cloud to power mission critical systems that drive new revenue opportunities and massive cost savings. Elastic is backed by $104 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, and NEA; has headquarters in Amsterdam and Mountain View, California; and has over 300 employees in 27 countries around the world.
We are looking for a motivated product manager to drive our commercial security, alerting/automation, and monitoring/management products. Our open source products are used by many of the world’s largest brands and hottest startups across a wide range of use-cases, and increasingly, these companies are choosing our subscriptions based on the value of our commercial products. You will be responsible for contributing significantly to the individual roadmaps of Shield, Watcher and Marvel, as well as driving the strategy and positioning of these products.
- Gather requirements from users, customers, sales, support and internal stakeholders
- Develop use cases and product requirements to communicate these needs to engineering
- Work with Product Management team to coordinate and drive roadmap, positioning, requirements and feature delivery for Shield, Watcher, and Marvel
- Work with sales, marketing, and support teams to measure product KPIs and drive process and product improvements
- Support product marketing to create customer driven messaging and content
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS)
- Deep experience with security, alerting, automation, monitoring and/or management for products.
- Ability to write, defend and execute on business cases
- Ability to lead without authority
- Technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with Open Source software and/or commercial open source companies
- Experience with Search and Analytics products in the Big Data ecosystem (Elasticsearch, Solr, Hadoop, MongoDB, etc)
- Experience working in a distributed environment
- Experience at a fast-growing company
- Competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 27 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.