Location: Anywhere USA
Elastic's technology helps people use their data to solve problems, like assisting NASA in planning Curiosity's next adventure on Mars, Wikimedia in making the world's knowledge accessible, Yelp with serving up the right place to grab a bite, and more. Often, what you can do with our products is only limited by what you can dream up.
The Content and Editorial team at Elastic is looking to add a new full-time member to its crew. The team is responsible for the company's style, tone, and personality across our website, social media, events, collateral, video, emails, and more. We are key contributors to the Elastic story and keepers of content strategy.
Our task is to communicate a variety of messages in a compelling and accurate way. This means grasping technical concepts, finding a larger storyline, and delivering work that we're proud of.
A typical day as a content architect involves being plugged into a number of projects and teams, as well as processing a lot of technical information. That said, it's also not uncommon to have MacGyver, dinosaurs, and engine hearts come up (non ironically) in relevant conversation. We take this stuff seriously, but not too seriously.
- Lead Elastic's social media efforts and strategy across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Vimeo, and others. Includes writing, editing, and proofreading content distributed across all channels.
- Write, edit, and proofread engaging copy in the Elastic voice for our events team. This includes website copy, booth messaging, signage, ads, emails, and prospectuses.
- Manage and report on all success metrics related to activities listed above.
- Coordinate and collaborate across all marketing teams (events, demand generation, design, web, developer relations, customer experience, etc.) to ensure proper alignment and communication.
- Coordinate and connect with members across all lines of business: sales, solution architects, product managers, business development, engineers, etc. You'll develop a pulse on the organization and the community.
You Will Need
- Sharp writing and editing skills tuned to creative writing and thinking
- The ability to think broadly about strategy while addressing the details
- Crackerjack organizational skills, the ability to manage projects and collaborate
- A hunger to do better and be better, but not burn out
- Developer empathy, a sense for business, and a drive for technical understanding and know-how
- The gumption to wrestle with a problem until a creative, thought-through solution is achieved
- A deep and abiding love for processing a lot of input, fishing out the interesting and relevant bits, and taking action to do something worthwhile
- The ability to work full time
- BA/BS or equivalent degree and two to four years of experience
- Curiosity. Ask questions, follow hunches, and explore wonky ideas.
- Energy. Have a let's-do-this attitude and ability to drive projects to completion.
- Organization. Things move quickly and entropy strikes just as fast.
- Humor. You know, for fun.
- Humility. The day you think you know it all, it's probably time to retire.
- Persistence. You haven't really learned something until you've tried it in anger.
- Good Taste. A knack for sensing what (potentially) works and what doesn't.
How to Apply
- Send us a resume and a note introducing yourself and your interest in Elastic.
- Additionally, write 250 words describing what you think Elastic does.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.