Founded in 2012 by the people behind the Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene open source projects, Elastic provides real-time insights and makes massive amounts of structured and unstructured data usable for developers and enterprises. By focusing on scalability, ease-of-use, and ease-of-integration, the Elastic stack powers many of the world's leading mobile, social, consumer and business applications. Since its initial release, the Elastic stack has achieved more than 70 million cumulative downloads, and today, Elastic is backed by Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, and NEA with headquarters in Amsterdam and Mountain View, California, and offices and employees around the world.
Elastic is building out the Elastic Cloud team focusing on Elasticsearch as a Service. This is a great opportunity to contribute to the UI for the fastest growing product at Elastic.
Job Duties and Requirements
* Provide technical leadership to the Cloud UI/UX team in the design and implementation of new features.
* Innovate, lead and contribute to the front-end and user experience of both our hosted and on-premise offerings
* Help build the Elastic Cloud offering and work closely with the Elastic Cloud Product and Engineering Team
* Assist in designing a scalable cloud offering working across everything from a few Elasticsearch clusters and Kibana instances to many thousands
* BS or MS Degree in Computer Science
* 3+ years of experience in UX design
* Experience building React/Redux applications in a large scale production environment
* A deep understanding of the operational concerns for cloud-based software deployments
* Preferably a deep interest in a related area, such as architecture or security
* Ability to work with a worldwide team in a distributed work environment
* Nice to have - experience building UI for a highly technical software as a service or platform as a service
* Competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
* Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
* An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
* Passionate people building great products
* Employees with a wide variety of interests
* Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
* Distributed-first company with employees in over 34 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.