Elastic is the world's leading software provider for making structured and unstructured data usable in real time for search, logging, security and analytics use cases. Founded in 2012 by the people behind the Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats open source projects, Elastic's global community has more than 50,000 members across 45 countries, and since its initial release, Elastic's products have achieved more than 50 million cumulative downloads. Today thousands of organizations like Cisco, eBay, Dell, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, HP, Microsoft, Netflix, NY Times, Uber, Verizon, Yelp, and Wikipedia use the Elastic Stack, X-Pack, and Elastic Cloud to power mission critical systems that drive new revenue opportunities and massive cost savings. Elastic is backed by $104 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, and NEA; has headquarters in Amsterdam and Mountain View, California; and has over 300 employees in 27 countries around the world
Elastic is building out our Elastic Cloud Team focusing on Elastic as a Service. This is a great opportunity to help lead our Cloud efforts and make an immediate impact to our strategy and implementation.
Our cloud product allows users to create new clusters or expand existing ones easily This product would be built on technologies such as OpenStack, AWS, Docker, and others to enable the Operations Teams to easily create and manage multiple Elastic Clusters.
Job Duties and Requirements
- Develop software for our distributed systems and ES as a Service offerings.
- Have familiarity with failures and complications related to a cloud offering
- Help build the Found offering and work closely with the Elastic Cloud Product and Engineering Team
- Assist in designing a scalable cloud offering working across multiple clusters
- CS or MS Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of object-oriented development with at least one of: Scala, Python, Java, C++, or similar
- Experience or familiarity with Docker, OpenStack, or AWS
- Extensive experience designing solutions for the server side of scalable cloud software applications and platforms
- Proven ability to architect a highly distributed cloud system
- Experience or ability to respond to operational issues
- A self starter who with experience working across multiple technical teams and decision makers
- Ability to work with a worldwide team in a distributed work environment
- Nice to have- experience using or developing with Zookeeper, Paxos, or Raft
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 23 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.