Education Engineer- United Kingdom
Location: London, United Kingdom
Department: Education and Consulting Services
Elastic is the world's leading software provider for making structured and unstructured data usable in real time for search, logging, security and analytics use cases. Founded in 2012 by the people behind the Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats open source projects, Elastic's global community has more than 50,000 members across 45 countries, and since its initial release, Elastic's products have achieved more than 50 million cumulative downloads. Today thousands of organizations like Cisco, eBay, Dell, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, HP, Microsoft, Netflix, NY Times, Uber, Verizon, Yelp, and Wikipedia use the Elastic Stack, X-Pack, and Elastic Cloud to power mission critical systems that drive new revenue opportunities and massive cost savings. Elastic is backed by $104 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, and NEA; has headquarters in Amsterdam and Mountain View, California; and has over 300 employees in over 30 countries around the world.
We are currently seeking Education Engineers to join Elasticsearch. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering technical training to our customers as well as helping to create and maintain our curriculum of training courses, which cover Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana.
If you are an experienced engineer who has seen the good and bad of software development, enjoy helping mentor and share your learned knowledge with others in an engaging manner, and love Elasticsearch and its ecosystem, then please apply and meet our team.
The right candidate is happy working on your own initiative, and does not require micro-management. Most of the team works remotely, and we are happy to consider you wherever you live. Our main offices in Europe are in Amsterdam and London. Do you want to see the world? Do you want to meet lots of new people and teach engineers how to use Elasticsearch? Come join us at Elastic!
- Becoming an expert in Elastic products, keeping up to date on changes/releases, and relaying that knowledge in the form of content development, training instruction, educational material, meetups, and conferences
- Learning, creating and presenting compelling courses in extremely technical concepts clearly and concisely to large audiences in a way that fully engages our customers
- Able to travel globally 50%
- Collaborate with development teams and engineering to create and update existing course materials and documentation
- Creating new courses, liaising with instructors and other subject matter experts
- Having ability to work on your own initiative with fanatical attention to detail
- Knowledge of curriculum design methodologies
Preferred Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience working as an engineer, developer, or integrator in search or related technologies
- Experience as a technical instructor or public speaker to large audiences on enterprise infrastructure software technology to engineers, developers and other technical positions
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Strong knowledge of Java and Linux/Unix environment, software development, and/or experience with distributed systems
- Experience in curriculum development for enterprise search or databases
- Experience contributing to an open-source project or documentation
- Extremely competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.