Location: Anywhere, Globally
Department: Education and Consulting Services
Elastic is the world's leading software provider for making structured and unstructured data usable in real time for search, logging, security and analytics use cases. Founded in 2012 by the people behind the Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats open source projects, Elastic's global community has more than 50,000 members across 45 countries, and since its initial release, Elastic's products have achieved more than 50 million cumulative downloads. Today thousands of organizations like Cisco, eBay, Dell, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, HP, Microsoft, Netflix, NY Times, Uber, Verizon, Yelp, and Wikipedia use the Elastic Stack, X-Pack, and Elastic Cloud to power mission critical systems that drive new revenue opportunities and massive cost savings. Elastic is backed by $104 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, and NEA; has headquarters in Amsterdam and Mountain View, California; and has over 400 employees in 32 countries around the world.
As an Elastic Engagement Manager, you will work with the Consulting Services team to service our global customer base on billable projects. Our customers include Fortune 100 companies, startups, government entities, and nonprofits researching some of the world's most interesting and complex search problems, and our consulting team assists our customers in the use of our products towards these efforts. The Engagement Manager will be a customer-facing role for managing communications, meeting facilitation, project scoping, scheduling, and reporting. You will have the opportunity to work with a tremendous services, engineering, and sales team and wear many hats.
- Demonstrate very strong customer-facing communications skills such as meeting facilitation (video/audio conferencing and in-person), customer advocacy, and relationship building
- Strong organizational and analytical skills for managing a Professional Services Automation ("PSA") application, meeting business and utilization targets, and calendar management
- Excel with project-based workflow requirements and significant multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with high quality expectations
- Project management including scoping, estimating, documenting, P&L margin, achieving milestones, and reporting
- Comfortable working remotely with a highly distributed Consulting Services team and partners, and flexible to work with global customers across many timezones
- Innovating, presenting, mentoring, and documenting on consulting methodology and process
- Liaise with the Elastic sales, finance, legal and engineering teams to scope opportunities while assessing risks, questions, or concerns
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a project or engagement manager or lead
- Excel at working directly with customers to gather, prioritize, plan and execute solutions to customer business requirements as it relates to technology
- Ability to communicate effectively in the technology domain of search, analytics, or related technologies
- Knowledge of information retrieval and/or analytics domain
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including internationally
- Bachelor or graduate degree in Business/Economics, Computer Science, or related discipline, or comparable certification and experience
- Understanding of our technology space, including Elasticsearch, Linux, Java, software development, NoSQL, and/or databases
- Experience working as a billable consultant or project manager is valuable for empathy and understanding
- Passion for open-source technology and business model
- Competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 32 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.