Business Development & Channel Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
Department: Business Development
Elastic is the world's leading software provider for making structured and unstructured data usable in real time for search, logging, security and analytics use cases. Founded in 2012 by the people behind the Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats open source projects, Elastic's global community has more than 50,000 members across 45 countries, and since its initial release, Elastic's products have achieved more than 50 million cumulative downloads. Today thousands of organizations like Cisco, eBay, Dell, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, HP, Microsoft, Netflix, NY Times, Uber, Verizon, Yelp, and Wikipedia use the Elastic Stack, X-Pack, and Elastic Cloud to power mission critical systems that drive new revenue opportunities and massive cost savings. Elastic is backed by $104 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, and NEA; has headquarters in Amsterdam and Mountain View, California; and has over 300 employees in over 30 countries around the world.
We are looking for a highly motivated BD & Channel Manager to join our Business Development organization to cover partners in the Central and Western US and Canada.This role is responsible for supporting Elastic’s efforts to build a world-class ecosystem of partners who are highly strategic to the company’s long-term goals. The BD & Channel Manager will recruit, enable, and support a network of partners in order to drive partner fulfilled and influenced revenue. We want energetic, innovative, and results-oriented partner leaders.
Location – Chicago, IL or Mountain View, CA
- Identify, recruit, enable and manage partners (Regional SIs, VARs, Referral Partners, etc) to support business goals and to execute channel sales strategies specific to each geographic region
- Drive consistent and predictable channel bookings through joint business planning and ongoing channel enablement
- Work closely with our direct sales teams on development, tracking, and reporting goals and objectives, forecasts, key metrics and definitions of success for each partner account
- Negotiate and close channel and partnership contracts
- Create and drive overall channel strategy and prioritization plan for coverage area, including the development of an Elasticsearch practice across priority channel partners
- Energetic, smart, self-directed, and passionate business development and channels professional
- Experience recruiting, enabling, and managing a network of SI and channel partners with direct personal involvement
- Experience building channel networks from the ground up
- Experience negotiating channel agreements and designing channel programs
- Demonstrated success growing the impact of channel results through increased lead growth or bookings growth
- Understanding of analytics, search, or big data markets / products or ability to learn quickly
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time
- Bachelor's degree.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company with employees in 27 countries (and counting), spread across 18 time zones, speaking over 30 languages, we believe that diversity drives our vibe. Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)